Maximum height of cargo vehicles – 4,50 m, width – 3,60m.
The tonnage in the pricelist is recorded according to the maximum permissible weight of a vehicle as shown on the vehicle registration certificate.
* Bicycles are transported free of charge, their shipment is compensated from the funds under the Road maintenance and development programme pursuant to Art. 9, Chapter 5, par. 4, of the 12 October 2000 Law of the Republic of Lithuania on the financing of the road maintenance and development programme No VIII-2032 (a new version of the law came into effect on 1 November 2014).
** For more information visit the Transport Privileges Act
*** This category also includes M1 vehicles, notwithstanding that marking SA is absent, the vehicle, however, contains an accommodation space equipped with a table, sleeping berths (convertible from seats), kitchen and food storage unit.
1. As it is a return ticket (both ways), it must be bought when going to Smiltynė and preserved till the end of journey.
2. The ferrying of the driver and the cargo of a vehicle is included into the vehicle ticket price, but the passengers must buy tickets.
3. JSC “Smiltynes perkela” is entitled to deprive a permit holder of the permit to travel free of charge issued in the order established by law for the period of one year if the permit holder has given the permit to third persons for usage or has falsified it.
4. Penalty shall be imposed on a passenger and a vehicle without a ticket (permit).
5.According to Klaipedos local government, if a passenger wants to buy a ticket with a discount, he must give a document, which would prove his right to get the discount.
6. In case a cargo owner wishes to transport hazardous cargo (petroleum products, chemical substances, gas, etc.) he must submit declaration of a hazardous cargo and safety data list to administration, according to the European Union directive 91/155/EEC.
7. Medium and large breed dogs without a leash and muzzle on the ferry are not allowed.